Friday 28 March 2014

Audience of One


Sport is Amazing! I'm out playing hockey every day of the week from Sunday to Sunday! However the season is coming to an end....  I'm really sad that it's coming to an end!
Still I have at least one more match and that's VARSITY!

Varsity is a tough game as the opposition are good and there's a lot more importance to it than the average hockey game. Always when I'm playing Hockey however. I want to be playing for the one that gave me the ability to play sport in the first place. The one who gave me a pitch, a stick, a body, a life to live! Every game I play for this one! This is my audience of one! There may be many watching but he is the one that I play for! I play with what he's given me as worship to him. Much like someone who is given a voice like Pavarotti or Charlotte Church sings worship to God. I play hockey with my all as worship to God.



Varsity is going to be tough.... But sport isn't a Maths test, sometimes the underdog wins!
Now to finish with an adapted quote from the film Miracle.

"Great moments are born from great opportunity.
And that's what you have here today, boys.

That's what you've earned here.

One game.

If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine.

But not this game. Not today.

Today, we stay with 'em, and we shut them down because we can!

Today, we are the greatest hockey team in the world.

You were born to be hockey players -- every one of ya.

And you were meant to be here!

This is your time.

Their time -- is done. It's over.
 
I'm sick and tired of hearin' about what a great hockey team Hallam have.

Screw 'em!

This is your time!!

Now go out there and take it!" #UPTHEPEAS


1 comment: